7 Steps to Buying a Home: Steps 1-3
The decision to purchase a home at the Lake of the Ozarks is one of the biggest and best choices you could ever make. After all, a home is the largest - and most emotional - investment most people will face in their lifetime. So, how do you know if it's the right time for you to buy? There is never a wrong time to buy the right home. The key is finding the right buy and taking the time to carefully evaluate your finances. Purchasing your own home is a great investment that can deliver several financial benefits - equity buildup, value appreciation, automatic savings plan - not to mention a new sense of pride! And don't worry about going it alone, Team Andy Gibson is ready to help you through every step of the process.
Step 1: Hire Your Agent
Before hiring a real estate professional at the Lake of the Ozarks to help you, know that above all else, good agents put their clients first. This is your dream, and your agent is your advocate to help you make your dream come true.
A great real estate agent will:
- Educate you about the current conditions of the market.
- Analyze what you want and what you need in your next home.
- Co-ordinate the work of other needed professionals throughout the process.
- Guide you to homes that fit your criteria and budget.
- Negotiate on your behalf to get you the best deal possible.
- Check and double-check paperwork and deadlines.
- Inform and discuss with you, and suggest solutions to solve any problems that may arise.
Step 2: Secure Financing
To make the financing process as painless as possible, ask your agent to introduce you to the preferred financing consultant. This professional will work with you and your agent to make sure the financial aspect of your home purchase is stress free.
What will the consultant do for you?
- Review your current financials.
- Discuss the options available to you during the home purchasing process.
- Guide you to an appropriate price point.
- Negotiate on your behalf to get you the best deal - price, interest rates, loan approval.
- Keep you informed and updated of the entire financial process throughout your purchase.
Step 3: Find Your Home
So you've met with your trusted advisors, and now you're ready to begin your search. But how or where do you start? There are a lot of homes out there, and diving in without a guide can become overwhelming and confusing. Your Team Andy Gibson agent will help you more accurately pinpoint homes that fit your criteria. The right home will meet all your important needs, and as many of your additional wants as possible.
Some questions you might ask yourself include:
- What amenities are crucial for you and your family?
- How much space do you need and why?
- Which is more critical: location or size?
- Would you be interested in a fixer-upper?
- How important is home value appreciation?
- Is neighborhood stability a priority?
- Is accessibility to main routes a priority?
- What features are not negotiable in your new property?
You'll learn as you look at homes, your priorities will probably adjust along the way. Now, we don't want to overwhelm you with tons of information on buying a home at the Lake of the Ozarks in one single blog. So, stay tuned for next week's blog where we'll finish out this topic with steps 4 through 7!
Team Andy Gibson is excited about your decision to buy a home at the Lake of the Ozarks, and we would love to discuss what we can do to help your real estate transaction go as smoothly as possible. For all of your real estate related questions, contact Team Andy Gibson, the most trusted real estate agents at the Lake of the Ozarks! Check out next week's blog for Steps 4-7 on buying a home!
CONTACT TEAM ANDY GIBSON FOR ALL OF YOUR REAL ESTATE NEEDS!
Keller Williams Lake of the Ozarks Realty
858 Hwy 42
Osage Beach, MO 65065